Terms and Conditions
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE "TERMS") CONSTITUTE A LEGAL AND ENFORCEABLE CONTRACT BETWEEN GEEKS TECHNICAL SUPPORT LLC AND YOU FOR USE OF GeeksTechnicalSupport'S SUPPORT SERVICES (THE "SERVICES") YOU SELECTED OR INITIATED ON THE GeeksTechnicalSupport WEBSITE OR PURCHASED THROUGH A VENDOR. THE POLICY AND MATERIALS SPECIFICALLY REFERRED TO IN THE TERMS ARE INCORPORATED INTO THE TERMS BY REFERENCE. BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE "I ACCEPT" OR "AGREE" BUTTON, OR OTHERWISE INDICATE ASSENT FOR CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICES, PLEASE READ THE TERMS BELOW CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS STATE IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS REGARDING YOUR USE OF GeeksTechnicalSupport'S WEBSITE AND GeeksTechnicalSupport'S COMPUTER SUPPORT SERVICE AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GeeksTechnicalSupport. YOU SHOULD READ THEM CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS SUCH AS HOW LONG IT LASTS, FEES FOR EARLY TERMINATION, OUR RIGHTS TO CHANGE ITS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, PRIVACY, AND SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES BY ARBITRATION INSTEAD OF IN COURT. IF YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, IT WILL APPLY TO ALL YOUR SERVICE PLANS FROM US, INCLUDING ALL YOUR EXISTING PLANS. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS and CONDITIONS WILL BE IMPLIED BY THE USE OF THE GeeksTechnicalSupport WEBSITE AND SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, THEN GeeksTechnicalSupport IS UNWILLING TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES TO YOU. IN THIS CASE YOU SHOULD:
- CLICK THE "CANCEL" OR OTHER SIMILAR BUTTON, OR OTHERWISE INDICATE REFUSAL AND
- NOT USE THE SERVICES AND SEEK A REFUND DURING THE 30 DAY REDEMPTION PERIOD AS INDICATED BELOW.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: LIMITED REDEMPTION PERIOD AND REFUND RIGHTS: THE RIGHT TO A REFUND FOR "PER INCIDENT PLAN " WILL EXPIRE WITHIN THIRTY(30) CALENDAR DAYS ("REDEMPTION PERIOD") FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OF THE SINGLE INCIDENT SERVICE PLAN. IN THE EVENT YOU CAN DEMONSTRATE THAT GeeksTechnicalSupport HAS NOT PROVIDED THE SINGLE INCIDENT SERVICE TO YOUR SATISFACTION, GeeksTechnicalSupport WILL REFUND YOU THE MONEY YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES, (LESS SHIPPING, HANDLING AND ANY APPLICABLE TAXES, EXCEPT IN CERTAIN STATES AND COUNTRIES WHERE SHIPPING, HANDLING AND TAXES ARE REFUNDABLE) PROVIDED THAT YOUR REFUND REQUEST IS RECEIVED BY GeeksTechnicalSupport OR OUR CUSTOMER SERVIC E DURING THE REDEMPTION PERIOD, USING THE CONTACT DETAILS DESCRIBED IN SECTION 8 OF THE TERMS. IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES, YOU MAY CHOOSE TO CANCEL SUCH SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES AND GeeksTechnicalSupport WILL REFUND YOU THE MONEY PAID FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES, (LESS SHIPPING, HANDLING AND ANY APPLICABLE TAXES, EXCEPT IN CERTAIN STATES AND COUNTRIES WHERE SHIPPING, HANDLING AND TAXES ARE REFUNDABLE) PROVIDED YOU HAVE NOT AVAILED ANY SUPPORT SERVICE ON YOUR PC OR OTHER DEV ICES AND THAT YOUR REFUND REQUEST IS RECEIVED BY GeeksTechnicalSupport CUSTOMER SERVICE WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OF SUCH SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. NOTE: SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE LIMITATION OF REFUND RIGHTS AS DESCRIBED IN THIS CLAUSE SO THIS CLAUSE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
FURTHERMORE THIS CLAUSE DOES NOT AFFECT ANY OTHER APPLICABLE REFUND RIGHTS. BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT" OR "I AGREE" BUTTON, OR BY YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED AND CONSENTED TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS.
1.1 Service Overview
(1) IntroductionServices may include Per-Incident-Services that are available on a single incident basis, for a fee; or Subscription-Based- Services, which are an entitlement to more than one Service over a period of time. GeeksTechnicalSupport shall provide the Services as set forth in the Terms and Conditions. GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative, as its discretion, will attempt to provide to You the Services over the telephone, through a live chat session on Your personal computer, remotely over the internet, or by email or in person. GeeksTechnicalSupport continually strives to improve the usability and performance of its products and services. In order to optimize the Services, and solely to the extent permitted by applicable law, GeeksTechnicalSupport may, at its discretion, modify the features or descriptions of the Services from time to time; however this shall not adversely affect the quality of any specific Services which GeeksTechnicalSupport has already expressly agreed to provide to You.
(2) SupportSoftware Tool and Remote Access. During the Services session, GeeksTechnicalSupport may (i) ask You to install certain support software on Your personal computer by downloading the support software from the Site and/or (ii) ask for Your permission to use the remote assist tool through the GeeksTechnicalSupport service representative to enable GeeksTechnicalSupport to remotely access and take control of Your personal computer; and/or (iii) gather system data and modify computer settings in order to diagnose or repair a problem; (iv) utilize certain third party support software on Your personal computer, which will be removed upon the completion of the Services session. The support software (including any third party support software) and remote assist tool are owned by GeeksTechnicalSupport or applicable third party licensors and suppliers and may be collectively referred to as the "Support Software Tool" in the Terms and Conditions. The Support Software Tool will be used to analyze, diagnose, resolve more difficult problems and/or provide system optimization functions. By electing to receive support, You agree to allow GeeksTechnicalSupport to use whatever Support Software Tools are deemed necessary to repair Your personal computer, including remote access. You understand that if remote access is used on Your computer there will be no residual software from the remote session; You also understand that you have the ability to disconnect the remote access anytime during the remote access session; You understand that at the end of the remote access session there may be a text or an xml or a flash file placed on your computer that will explain the work that was done on your computer and/or provide information for contacting GeeksTechnicalSupport for further assistance in future. If such a file is placed on your computer, you have the option to either save the file or to delete it from your computer. GeeksTechnicalSupport may, but has no obligation to, monitor and record the Services, including telephone calls and online sessions for purposes of improving customer service, internal training and internal market research. You hereby grant permission to GeeksTechnicalSupport to monitor and record the Services and to use or disclose any information as necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request; to provide the Services to You or other users; to protect ourselves and/or other users; and to enhance the types of Services we may provide to You in the future. You also grant GeeksTechnicalSupport permission to combine Your information with that of others in a way that does not identify You or any individual personally to improve the Services, for training, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for other business purposes.
(3) Description of ServicesGeeksTechnicalSupport shall provide the following Services if applicable and subject to the Terms and Conditions. GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative diagnoses PC to determine if it is infected by spyware or virus, and removes the spyware or virus found in Your personal computer: GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative will help customers install and set-up certain software products. GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative will help customers improve PC performance. GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative will help customers install, set up anti virus software applications, and improve PC Performance. GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative will analyze the results of the diagnosis and suggest appropriate service offerings to solve any problems found. Additionally the representative will tune up key operating system settings to endeavor to improve PC performance. GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative will help customers diagnose and address PC, network and connected peripheral and device related issues Other services which may be provided by GeeksTechnicalSupport. Some personal computers may not be able to receive the Services even if initial testing showed that Your connection was qualified or Your personal computer environment was suitable. To receive the Services, a high speed internet connection is required
1.2 Commercially Reasonable EffortGeeksTechnicalSupport will make every commercially reasonable effort to troubleshoot or fix Your personal computer problem. If GeeksTechnicalSupport is unable to resolve Your personal computer problem, You will NOT be liable for charges for time spent by GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative in an attempt to correct a problem unless specified otherwise. In the course of providing the Services, GeeksTechnicalSupport may determine that the issue is beyond the scope of the services. GeeksTechnicalSupport may use commercially reasonable efforts to refer You to the appropriate alternative resource; however, GeeksTechnicalSupport will not transfer You directly to an alternate resource. To the extent permitted by applicable law, GeeksTechnicalSupport reserves the right to refuse, suspend or terminate any of the Services in its sole discretion.
1.3 Service Availability.The Services may not always be available in Your time zone or geographic location. The Services may not always be available due to system maintenance or Internet service disruptions. In order to purchase Subscription Services, Your covered computer(s) must be virus free (as determined by GeeksTechnicalSupport) at the time that You purchase the Subscription Service. If GeeksTechnicalSupport determines that Your computer is infected by a virus, We may require that You purchase a Service to clean Your computer prior to obtaining Subscription Services. GeeksTechnicalSupport reserves the right to terminate Your Subscription Service, upon notice, if GeeksTechnicalSupport determines, in its sole business judgment, that Your Subscription Service is being used (a) fraudulently, (b) maliciously, (c) unreasonably, (d) by any person other than You, or (e) for any computer system other than a registered system. In the event that Your Subscription Service is terminated by GeeksTechnicalSupport, GeeksTechnicalSupport will refund to You a pro rata portion of any fees that You have prepaid for the Subscription Services. Subscription Services may be subject to additional requirements, limitations, and restrictions depending on the subscription level You purchased. Please refer to the Site for information about those restrictions.
2. Your Responsibilities
2.1 Basic Responsibilities.You agree that You are a legal license holder of the software on Your personal computer and Your use of the Services and the internet is solely at Your own risk. By electing to receive the Services, You confirm that You (a) have full access to Your hardware and software that are the basis of the problem, and (b) have completed a back-up onto separate media of any software or data on the hardware that may be impacted by the Services. All information that You provide to GeeksTechnicalSupport must be accurate, including Your name and address, and if applicable, any credit or charge card numbers, expiration dates or any other payment information provided by you to GeeksTechnicalSupport. You further represent that You authorize GeeksTechnicalSupport to bill the credit card that You provide to GeeksTechnicalSupport, for any charges to which you consent.
2.2 Liability Release.To the extent permitted by applicable law, GeeksTechnicalSupport will have no liability for loss of or recovery of data, programs, or loss of use of systems(s) or networks arising out of the Services or any act or omission, including negligence, by GeeksTechnicalSupport and/or its representatives. If GeeksTechnicalSupport works with You on any password or other access control oriented problems, GeeksTechnicalSupport strongly recommends that You reset such passwords(s) immediately following the completion of the Services.
2.3 Transfer The Subscription-Based-Servicesare only transferable once during the subscription period from one computer to another, provided it is owned by you. You may not use the Services in connection with a service bureau or any other distributing or sharing arrangement, on behalf of any third parties or with respect to any hardware or software not personally owned by You.
2.4 Data BackupGeeksTechnicalSupport does not provide data backup or restoration services. You are solely responsible for maintaining and backing up all information, data, text or other materials (collectively "customer data") and software stored on your computer and storage media before ordering the services. You acknowledge and agree that GeeksTechnicalSupport or its referral partners have no responsibility or liability under any circumstance at any time for any loss or corruption of customer data, software or hardware that may arise out of the services. GeeksTechnicalSupport does not provide backup copies or support installation of unlicensed software to customers. Please ensure that you have a licensed copy of all necessary software.
3. Service Plans; Refunds; Billing; Payment Renewals
3.1 Per-Incident-Services.The Per-Incident-Services shall be provided for on a one time basis. The term "one time" means that the service will address a single issue or problem for a customer on Your personal computer and include follow-up consultation upon request within seven (7) days on the same issue or problem. The Services may not be successful because the problem may be beyond Our ability to resolve remotely. If You have purchased a Single Incident Service from GeeksTechnicalSupport, then the following warranty applies: if We are not able to answer Your question or resolve Your technology problem and You have complied with all of Your obligations in these Terms, We will not charge You a fee for the One Time Service. If You experience a problem with the resolution We provided and You call Us within seven (7) days from the day You originally received the Single Incident Service, We will use commercially reasonable efforts to try to resolve Your problem at no additional charge. If those efforts are unsuccessful, We will refund the fees that You paid for the Individual Service. As set forth below, there are no other warranties for the Services.
3.2 Subscription Services.For Subscription Services, the applicable fees will depend on the type of subscription that You purchase, and the duration of the subscription. Unless you have purchased a special or trial offer Subscription Service that specifically provides otherwise, a one time set up fee applies to all Subscription Services.
3.3 Exclusion from Services "Services" shall not include the following:
- Any item or activity not covered by the terms of a Per-Incident-Service or Subscription-Based- Services
- Service beyond the duration limitations identified in your Services plan
- Problem diagnosis and support that may not be completed because of a problem with your computer or other equipment, or their configuration that is beyond our control
- Software, including the operating system and software added to the registered hardware products which are out of scope for the Service Plan
Problems that may and do result from:
- a) External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power;
- b) Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions provided by manufacture;
- c) Failure to follow the product instructions provided by manufacture or failure to perform preventive maintenance; or
- d) Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not compatible with the product.
- e) Non Compliance with the GeeksTechnicalSupport technician instructions for resolving the query.
- f) Malfunction of hardware such as printer, power-supply, memory, processor, monitor or any other such hardware components
3.4 Refund. Any refund will be limited to the amount paid by You.
3.5 Payment for the Services.The applicable fees for the Services You order may be quoted on the telephone and/or may be available on the Site. The fee for the Services will be charged directly on Your credit card and You agree to pay the charges applicable to Your selected Services, as well as any applicable taxes. For purchases of the Services made by You from GeeksTechnicalSupport through the Site: (1) You agree that GeeksTechnicalSupport may charge to Your credit card or other valid payment mechanism requested by You and approved by GeeksTechnicalSupport all amounts due and owing for GeeksTechnicalSupport for the Services; (2) Unless otherwise agreed by GeeksTechnicalSupport in writing, all payments for the Services must be made at the time of purchase prior to receiving any services from GeeksTechnicalSupport; (3) You agree that GeeksTechnicalSupport may collect interest at the lesser of 1.5 % per month or the highest amount permitted by law on any amounts not paid when due; (4) You agree that GeeksTechnicalSupport is under no obligation to pay to render Services if the payment for services as required are not made. Purchases of the Services made by You from a Reseller/Vendor will be subject to terms of sale of the Reseller/Vendor.
3.6 Credit Card BillingYou may be asked to provide GeeksTechnicalSupport with a credit card number from a card issuer that we accept in order to activate your Service. You hereby authorize GeeksTechnicalSupport to charge and/or place a hold on your credit card with respect to any unpaid charges for Services or any related equipment. You authorize the issuer of the credit card to pay any amounts described herein without requiring a signed receipt, and you agree that these charges are to be accepted as authorization to the issuer of the credit card to pay any amounts described herein without requiring a signed receipt, and you agree that these charges are to be accepted as authorization to the issuer of the credit card to pay all such amounts. You authorize GeeksTechnicalSupport and/or any other company who bills products or services, or acts as billing agent for GeeksTechnicalSupport to continue to attempt to charge and/ or place holds with respect to all sums described herein, or any portion thereof, to your credit card until such amounts are paid in full. You agree to provide GeeksTechnicalSupport with updated credit card information upon GeeksTechnicalSupport'S request and any time the information you previously provided is no longer valid. You acknowledge and agree that neither GeeksTechnicalSupport nor any GeeksTechnicalSupport affiliated company will have any liability whatsoever for any nonsufficient funds or other charges incurred by you as a result of such attempts to charge, and/or place holds on, your credit card. If you mistakenly provide a debit card number, instead of a credit card number, you authorize all charges described herein to be applied to such debit card unless and until you provide a credit card number. In the event you are enrolled, or later enroll, in an automatic payment or electronic funds transfer plan, you agree that all sums described herein may be charged, at GeeksTechnicalSupport'S option, to the account number provided for such automatic payment or electronic funds transfer plan. When payment is made by credit card or debit card, payment will also be subject to the terms and conditions established by the credit or debit card issuer.
3.7 Renewal PolicyBy authorizing GeeksTechnicalSupport to charge Your credit card for Your Subscription Service, You further authorize GeeksTechnicalSupport to continue to charge Your credit card (or a replacement card, if the credit issuing entity informs GeeksTechnicalSupport that a replacement card has been issued) for all fees associated with a Recurring Subscription Service, including renewals. You must contact GeeksTechnicalSupport if You do not wish to renew Your Recurring Subscription Service; if You do not contact GeeksTechnicalSupport, the Recurring Subscription Service that You selected will automatically renew for the same subscription duration that You initially selected, at GeeksTechnicalSupport's then-applicable fees. A subscription under the 1- year or 2-year or 3-year Annual Maintenance Plan does not automatically renew and ends at the end of the applicable period
3.8 Fair Usage Policy and TerminationThough GeeksTechnicalSupport has no limits on the amount of online support requests a Subscription based plan user may make during the subscription period, however, each Subscriber's use of the support services for the subscription based plans are subject to GeeksTechnicalSupport'S "fair use" policy. Under this policy, if at any time, in GeeksTechnicalSupport'S sole discretion, a subscription based plan user is found to be abusing the service by exceeding the level of use reasonably expected from someone using a Subscription based Plan for individual use, then GeeksTechnicalSupport reserves the right to suspend or terminate Subscriber's Subscription Services. In addition, GeeksTechnicalSupport reserves the right to suspend or terminate any Subscription Services of any Subscriber that GeeksTechnicalSupport, in its sole discretion, determines are being used (a) fraudulently, (b) by any person other than Subscriber, or (c) for any computer system other than a Registered System. User may terminate the Service at any time by giving written or electronic notice to GeeksTechnicalSupport; provided, however, that User will not be entitled to a refund of any fees prepaid by User for the Service.
3.9 Lifetime Geek Care is valid for the life of the machine or 5 years maximum whichever is shorter.
4. Privacy; Data Protection
The information provided by You to GeeksTechnicalSupport's service representative over the phone or entered by You into GeeksTechnicalSupport's online interface when requesting the Services; and The type and version of operating system and Internet browser used by Your personal computer. During Your Services session, if a Support Software Tool is installed, the following information may be collected from your computer by the Support Software Tool and sent to GeeksTechnicalSupport via secured connection:
The number of files scanned, threats found, and threats fixed by the Support Software Tool; The type of threats found; The number and type of threats remaining that have not been fixed by the Support Software Tool; Whether a firewall is active; Whether antivirus software is installed, running, and up to date; Browser information including security and temporary file settings; System information related to the operating system, memory and disk space, proxy configuration and directory listings for the Support Software Tool; The security status (good/fair/poor) of the computer as determined by the Support Software Tool; Installed programs and active processes information; and Application log file information and registry data.
Also at GeeksTechnicalSupport's discretion, depending on type of the technical support issue, GeeksTechnicalSupport may choose to collect additional information. All of the collected in formation is necessary for the purpose delivery of the Services including analyzing, diagnosing, resolving the problem You have encountered, and optimizing the functionality of GeeksTechnicalSupport's products and services. The information may be transferred to the GeeksTechnicalSupport group in the United States or other countries that may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which You are situated (including the European Union), but GeeksTechnicalSupport has taken steps so that the collected information, if transferred, receives an adequate level of protection. GeeksTechnicalSupport may disclose the collected information if asked to do so by a law enforcement official as required or permitted by law or in response to a subpoena or other legal process. In order to promote awareness, detection and prevention of Internet security risks, GeeksTechnicalSupport may share certain information with research organizations and other security software vendors. GeeksTechnicalSupport may also use statistics derived from the information to track and publish reports on security risk trends.
5. Unlawful and Non-Commercial Use Limitation
5.1. Personal and Non-CommercialUse Limitation Unless otherwise specified, the Services, Materials and Software are solely for your personal and noncommercial use in addressing matters covered by your Service Plan. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, create derivative works from, transfer, distribute or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services, Materials, or Software. Any Services, Materials, and Software are available only in connection with Services under a valid Service Plan.
5.3 General Usage RestrictionsAny other use of the GeeksTechnicalSupport Websites Services, Materials or Software, other than as explicitly permitted by GeeksTechnicalSupport is prohibited. Rights to execute, copy, modify, display, transmit, distribute, manufacture, use, sale are all reserved to GeeksTechnicalSupport and its suppliers. Reverse engineering and decompilation of the Software is strictly prohibited.
6. Other Important Information
6.1 Disclaimer of WarrantyTO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GeeksTechnicalSupport EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GeeksTechnicalSupport MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT:
- THE SERVICES AND/OR SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS
- THE SERVICES AND /OR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR- FREE
- THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE
- THE QUALITY OF ANY SERVICES, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES AND/OR SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND
- ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES AN D/OR SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY SUPPORT SOFTWARE TOOL, MATERIALS AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERSWISE OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETIO N AND RISK.
THE SUPPORT SOFTWARE TOOL IS PROVIDED "AS IS," EXCLUSIVE OF ANY WARRANTY AND PROVIDED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SUPPORT SOFTWARE TOOL USAGE AGREEMENT. GeeksTechnicalSupport DOES NOT WARRANT THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS.
6.2 Limitation of Liability.SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS INCLUDING MEMBER COUNTRIES OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE BELOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE MAXIMU M EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND REGARD LESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSEN TIAL PURPOSE, IN NO E VENT WILL GEEKSTECGNICALSUPPORT BE LIA BLE TO YOU FOR AN Y SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL , INDIRECT OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING OUT OF THE PROVISION OF SERVICES EVEN IF GeeksTechnicalSupport HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO CASE SHALL GeeksTechnicalSupport'S LIABILITY EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES OR FIFTY DOLLARS (U.S. $50.00) OR EQUIVALENT AMOUNT IN THE APPLICABLE CURRENCY.
6.3 Limitation of Actions Any cause of action by you must be commenced within three months after the cause of action arose or it shall be forever waived and barred.
6.5 Proprietary Rights.GeeksTechnicalSupport or its licensors or suppliers retains ownership of all proprietary rights in the Services, the GeeksTechnicalSupport Web sites, the Support Software Tool, and in all trade names, trademarks and service marks associated or displayed with the Services. You will not remove, deface or obscure any of GeeksTechnicalSupport's copyright or trademark notices and/or legends or other proprietary notices on, incorporated therein, or associated with the Services. You may not reverse engineer, reverse compile or otherwise reduce to human readable form any Support Software Tool with the Services.
6.6 Force Majeure.GeeksTechnicalSupport shall not be responsible for any failure to perform due to unforeseen circumstances or to causes beyond GeeksTechnicalSupport's reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, riot, embargoes, acts o f civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, lockouts, or shortages of transportation, facilities, a large scale outbreak of a new computer virus, fuel, energy, labor or materials. You hereby release GeeksTechnicalSupport from any and all liability, and agree that GeeksTechnicalSupport shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct or indirect damages whatsoever, resulting from such delays. GeeksTechnicalSupport or its suppliers may, at any time, without notice or liability, restrict the use of the Service or limit its time of availability in order to perform maintenance activities and to maintain session control.
6.7 Export Regulation.You acknowledge that the Services, Support Software Tool and related technical data and services (collectively "Controlled Technology") may b e subject to the import and export laws of the United States, specifically the U.S. Exp ort Administration Regulations (EAR), and the laws of any country where Controlled Technology is imported or re-exported. You agree to comply with all relevant laws and will not export any Controlled Technology in contravention to U.S. law nor to any prohibited country, entity, or person for which an export license or other governmental approval is required. All GeeksTechnicalSupport product is prohibited for export or re-export to Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Syria and Sudan and to any country subject to relevant trade sanctions. You hereby agree that You will not export or sell any Controlled Technology for use in connection with chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons, or missiles, drones or space launch vehicles capable of delivering such weapons.
6.8 SEVERABILITY;WAIVER If any provision of the Terms of Service be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and all other provisions contained in the Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect. GeeksTechnicalSupport's failure to enforce any provision of the Terms of Service shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
6.9 ModificationsGeeksTechnicalSupport reserves the right to amend the Terms and Condition, and the GeeksTechnicalSupport Portal at any time by (a) posting a revised version of the Terms and Conditions on the GeeksTechnicalSupport Portal (http://www.GeeksTechnicalSupport.com/terms.pdf), or by (b) sending information regarding any amendment to the Terms of Service to the email address you provide to GeeksTechnicalSupport in connection with registration. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the GeeksTechnicalSupport website to be notified of any amendments to the Terms and Conditions.
7. Third Party Products and Services
7.1 Third Party ProductsAs part of the Services, GeeksTechnicalSupport may suggest that you acquire, install and use certain third party software or services ("Third Party Software"). Third Party Software is licensed to you by the respective owners or licensees of the Third Party Software. You must agree to the terms and conditions set forth by such owners or licensees before installing Third Party Software, whether GeeksTechnicalSupport assists you in the acquisition, installation, and/or use of Third Party Software. GeeksTechnicalSupport has no responsibility or rights to the Third Party Software and does not license Third Party Software to you or make any representation or warranty regarding the Third Party Software. To the extent that we provide technical assistance and support for Third Party Software or equipment, you must ensure that you comply with the terms and conditions under which you licensed such Third Party Software or purchased such equipment. We make no representation or warranty that we are an authorized service provider for Third Party Software or for any equipment; it is your sole responsibility to determine if you require additional rights for us to provide such support and if so, to acquire such rights. You acknowledge that support of Third Party Software or equipment by an unauthorized service provider may void any warranty made by the supplier of such Third Party Software or equipment.
7.2 Third Party ServicesAs part of the Services, GeeksTechnicalSupport may suggest certain third party services to you. If you choose to subscribe to or otherwise use any third party services, your use of any such services is subject to the terms of service of such third party service provider. You agree to comply with such provider's terms of service and that the third party provider is solely responsible for delivery of its service(s) to you and your use of them. Third party services include, but are not limited to technical support, portal, training, music, gaming and storage services that GeeksTechnicalSupport may elect to make available from time to time. Violation of such third party provider's terms of service may, in GeeksTechnicalSupport'S sole discretion, result in the termination of your customer account and use of service.
The Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia, United States of America. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in the Terms will derogate from any rights You may have under existing consumer protection legislation or other applicable laws in Your jurisdiction. The Terms are the entire agreement between You and GeeksTechnicalSupport relating to the Services and:supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, and representations with respect to its subject matter and prevail over any conflicting or additional terms of any quote, order, acknowledgment, or similar communications between the parties.
The Terms shall terminate immediately upon Your breach of any term contained herein and You shall cease use of the Services. The disclaimers of warranties and damages and limitations on liability set forth in the Terms shall survive termination. Should You have any questions concerning the Terms, or if You desire to contact GeeksTechnicalSupport for any reason, please write to: Geeks Technical Support Customer Service 1226 N Vernon Street Arlington, Virginia 22201 United States